Puccini and Lucca, Tuscany:
Giacomo Antonio Domenico Michele Secondo Maria Puccini was born in Lucca in 1858 and died in Brussels in 1924. Forever hailed as Lucca’s most famous son, Puccini’s best known masterpiece operas include La Boheme, Tosca, Turandot and of course the unforgettable Madame Butterfly.
Puccini at Villa Michaela:
You can enjoy Puccini’s marvellous music all year round based from Villa Michaela:
- Every evening at 7pm, there are wonderful hour long recitals of Puccini , Verdi and Mozart‘s work in the Chiesa San Giovanni (www.puccinielasualucca.it)
- There is also the Lucca Opera House ”Il Teatro del Giglio” just around the corner which was a favourite of Pavarotti (www.boxol.it/teatrodelgiglio/it/)
- Puccini Festival Friday 15 July – Saturday August 13 2016. The Puccini Festival was started in 1930 in honour of the timeless genius of the ” Maestro “. The open air festival at Torre del Lago, takes place on the shores of Lake Massacioccoli, where the composer lived for 30 years and where he wrote most of his famous operas.Tickets can be obtained on line from http://www.puccinifestival.it:
- TOSCA 15th July, 6th and 11th August
- LA BOHEME 16th and 22nd July, 5th August
- TURANDOT 23rd and 30th July, 12th August
- MADAME BUTTERFLY July 29th and August 10th
Puccini Villa Michaela Special Offer – 5 Nights – 1495 Euros For Two
Enjoy a five night Puccini stay at Villa Michaela with:
- fabulous double bedroom
- en suite bathroom
- daily breakfast
- a welcoming dinner and a farewell poolside lunch
- all transfers to / from Pisa airport, to / from concerts and visits to Puccini’s houses.
This offer applies year round (subject to availability) but is particularly popular for the Puccini Festival period.
Come and celebrate the life and music of this great composer. Stay with us at Villa Michaela, ten minutes from Lucca where he was born and just half an hour’s drive from Torre del Lago where he lived and composed.
Contact us today to check for Villa Michaela availability and to book.
(All flight / opera tickets, any additional meals & transportation are the client’s responsibility. Cheap Flights London / Pisa (sometimes as low as 100 pounds return) are available on Easyjet, Ryanair and BA.)